August 22, 2012

Facilities and ArcGIS for AutoCAD

I have been making some edits to my facilities this summer; specifically to my floor plan. Or perhaps more accurately I have been remodeling the downstairs bathroom starting with removing the poorly installed tile flooring. I then added new wall coverings, replaced the vanity and all the plumbing fixtures. I had the new flooring professionally installed, but I did all the rest of the work with the tools I had in my garage.

I can use the tools in plain AutoCAD to edit floor plans stored in an ArcGIS geodatabase when using ArcGIS for AutoCAD, and a feature service being published by ArcGIS for Server. Here is a short video of me doing just that.


There you have it, a do it yourself “facilities remodel”.  Here it is bigger on YouTube.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com